Off-road bikers have had a lot of troubling choosing their rides in the past. Either they had to compromise on quality to go for the best option available at their price range, or they had to compromise safety accessories in their rides. This is no longer the case with the 2017 Honda CRF250X. Honda has come up with this excellent model that can offer the best of both worlds for off-road bikers.
Features and New Technologies
This new model comes from Honda’s old MX racer series. This has been acknowledged by official sources that Honda has heavily inspired the design of CRF250X from its flagship MX Series. This new model is crisp when it comes to handling, as well as offers a sturdy framework in its build and design.
The 2017 Honda CRF250X offers a wide rake, expanding to 27.54 degrees with its own Caster Angle build technology. In addition to that, its trail expands up to a length of 118 mm or 4.7 inches. A little elevation is also provided for better and uniform stability in its wheelbase. Some of the other impressive features associated with this build are:
- Elongated and modified wheelbase design reaching up to 58.3 inches.
- A slightly altered seat height of around 37.7 inches for better control.
- Reduced curb weight of 254 lbs. which includes all standard equipment.
- An impressive ground clearance of 13.6 inches.
Engine and Performance
The 2017 Honda CRF250X comes with 1.9 gallons of fuel capacity. It is also equipped with a 250 cc liquid cooled Unicam single cylinder setup, which includes four strokes and four valve intake configuration. The most important addition to this engine setup is the inclusion of both electric and kick starting apparatus.
Other additional details about the engine and performance of 2017 Honda CRF250X include:
- Keihin 37 mm flat side ignition platform with throttle positioning
- An impressive compression system providing power boost to the cylinders with 12.9:1 compression ratio
- A wide ratio transmission system with a 5-speed gearbox.
- #520 T-ring-sealed final drive chain
2017 Honda CRF250X: Additional Accessories
Just like all of Honda’s motorcycles, Honda CRF250X 2017 will also provide the rider with the chance to customize their very own ride. Even though it has a fixed dual suspension setup with 12.4 inches travel time, Honda representatives have said that rider can tweak that based on their own preference.
Hence, Honda is looking to provide the following accessories with this model:
- 18 inch rear wheels.
- LED tail lights.
- Renthal handlebar design.
- Removable subframe and improved ergonomics.
- Twin-sump lubrication for off road adventures.
- Dual radiators for faster cooling.
Price and Availability
Honda CRF250X 2017 is priced at an MSRP of $7,410 although official sources have suggested that additional accessories will be charged separately. This model is only available in 1 color option – red. As of the availability of 2017 Honda CRF250X is concerned, chances are your local Honda franchise will have one of these available at the current moment since this model has already been released in the US and European markets.
Source : www.2018hondamodels.com